The STAKKAbox™ Ultima is a family of pre-formed twin wall access chambers and vaults developed for the network duct and access equipment.
The 1200x1200mm Ultima chamber consists of 150mm deep ring sections which are stacked to form chambers of varying depth. Each ring is castellated to positively interlock with the unit above and below. The sections are available with duct entry holes or solid walls. Various duct entry sizes are available.
The STAKKAbox™ Ultima is unsurpassed in terms of its ‘strength to weight’ ratio. This is due to glass re-enforced polyester resin used in the manufacturing process and also its unique patented twin wall design with internal vertical and horizontal support ribs. The vertical ribs provide a high degree of vertical compressive strength that resists the loads applied by vehicles passing over, while the continuous horizontal rib offers a strong resistance to side wall loads from vehicles and ground heave.
Through the unique patented twin wall technology each 1200 x 1200mm STAKKAbox™ Ultima chamber is capable of vertical loading of 90 tonnes. This is achieved without the need for a concrete surround for support.
The STAKKAbox™ Ultima chamber is manufactured from high-grade, thermoset GRP and is fully recyclable at end of life.
- 90 tonne vertical loading for both carriageway and footway application
- Lightweight – all section under 20kg
- All weather construction
- Smooth internal walls
- Simple and rapid installation
- No concrete surround required
- Easily adaptable to overcome existing services
- Specialist lifting equipment is not required
- Minimises disruption and traffic management costs during replacement
- Long life, in excess of 40 years
- Fully recyclable
- Below the recognised one man weight lifting limit