Innovative solutions for highway cabling
The NAL Combined Cabinet Base is a patented system designed to simplify the installation, cabling, and maintenance of all ICEE Combined Communication Cabinets. The system is available for single or multiple cabinet sites. Combined Cabinet Bases are secured to the STAKKAbox™ Access Chamber which offers multiple underground duct connections with unrestricted cable access between cabinets. All Cabinet Bases are fully ventilated eliminating the requirement for hazardous base seal or pea gravel. Cables are installed through a recessed gland tray via IP68 Glands.
The system removes many of the installation hazards and problems associated with the traditional plinths simplifying the cabling of the Combined Cabinet whilst also allowing for future change. A single Combined Cabinet can provide the equivalent equipment space of up to three 600 type and one 609 type cabinets. This offers a large reduction in the required cabinet footprint making it ideal for sites with verge restrictions.
- Lightweight – two person lift, eliminating all mechanical lifting requirements
- No requirement for hazardous base seal and pea gravel
- Enables 24nr 110mm duct entries for each single base
- Straight duct connections eliminates risk of cable snagging
- No requirement for duct bungs
- Simple and unrestricted movement of cables between cabinets
- IP68 glands to all incoming cables
- No requirement to position or bend ducts in line with equipment at
the base of cabinet
- 50% reduction in cabinet and equipment installation time