Innovative solutions for motorway communications
The NAL MCX Cabinet Base is a patented product which has been designed to simplify installation, upgrading and replacements of all types of Motorway Communication Cabinets.
The cabinet removes many of the installation challenges associated with the traditional plinths by removing the need for carcinogenic base seal and pea gravel instead using the connection of underground duct and cables through an easily accessible gland tray.
The fully ventilated motorway communications cabinets reduce the risk of condensation or gas build up whilst also removing the risk of rodent infestation and flooding.
The MCX Cabinet Base consists of three main components:
- STAKKAbox Access Chamber. This is a pre-formed 40 tonne twin wall structural access chamber which the underground cable duct connects directly into. Its modular design caters for all sizes and quantities of incoming ducts. It is installed below the cabinet.
- Cabinet Plinth. This is a stainless steel plinth which fits into the top section of the access chamber. The cabinets then fit directly onto this plinth. It is manufactured with lockable access doors allowing authorised operatives to access cables in the chamber beneath. The plinth is manufactured with louvres to ensure the system is fully ventilated.
- Cable Gland Tray. The cable gland tray is installed into the top section of the plinth and forms a mechanical seal to the base of the cabinet. the gland tray is supplied with various pre-fitted IP68 glands or gland apertures to suit customers’ specific requirements.
- Quick, simple & safe installation
- Lightweight – two person lift, eliminating all mechanical lifting requirements
- Enables 16nr x 100mm duct entries
- Straight duct connections – no risk of cable snagging
- No need for duct bungs therefore removes the need to bend ducts in line with equipment within the cabinet
- Reduces plinth installation time by 50%
- Allows future cables to be added simply, without the need to isolate the cabinet, or remove the base seal / pea gravel
- Raises cabinet to a better working height for installation and maintenance operatives